Oats are the best start to the day! They’re filling, delicious and quick to make. We’ve melted some peanut butter over ours to give some salty deliciousness and some quickly ‘stewed’ blueberries. The whole thing takes about 7 minutes. Yum.
blueberry & peanut butter oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of plant milk - we used almond
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp stevia or blackstrap molasses
- Mix the oatmeal, plant milk and pinch of cinnamon in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Continue to stir the oatmeal until it thickens and cooks through (about 5 to 7 minutes)
- Meanwhile, add the frozen blueberries to a frying pan, add the stevia or blackstrap molasses. Heat through. Add a splash of water if the blueberry mixture becomes too thick.
- Top the oatmeal with the blueberries and peanut butter. Add fresh berries if you have them.
Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants, and they’re low in fructose, so they’re a great option. We keep some frozen in the freezer for convenience and add them to everything from oats to shakes.