This recipe is really fun, especially on a super hot day. It’s light, creamy and refreshing and full of all of the good things we get from almonds like vitamin E and protein. It’s also a ketogenic recipe for those of you trying out a plant-based keto thing.
- 100 g blanched almonds
- 150g cucumber
- 250 g almond milk
- 10 g garlic, 1 large clove 10g red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the cucumber, and peel the garlic clove.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add a couple of ice cubes at this stage if you want to thin the gazpacho, or cool it down.
- Season well. Remember, don't hold back on the salt!
- Serve in bowls on its own, or topped with herbs and olive oil.
A ketogenic diet is a low carbohydrate, high fat diet that changes your body’s metabolism. You switch from obtaining majority of your energy from glucose to ketones. It’s more challenging to get the right balance of fat, protein and carbohydrates on a completely plant-based diet, although it is possible.